Whatever he touches turns into gold. Be it his films, or a paint brush! The multi-faceted person that Salman Khan is, it is no doubt that even his paintings are as unique as him. From abstract to modern strokes, his favourite pastime is mixing colours on a palette. The actor has a huge collection of paintings locked up at his Panvel bungalow. Whatever he draws, turns eyeballs. Such is the craze, that his paintings are sold for lakhs and crores. And all the amount that comes from the auctions straightaway goes into the funds of his NGO “Being Human”.
Trivia: During an auction, one of Salman’s most favourite paintings depicting the love between a mother and a son was fetching just 20 lakhs. So, he decided to withdraw that painting from the sale. Later on, the same painting was sold for a whooping 2.5 crore!
Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of his most famous and loved creations.
1. His most common form is sketching faces with tranquil and thoughtful expressions. This one is of Gautam Buddha.
2. And this one too…
3. He often paints religious themes backed by his own belief in ‘oneness of Gods.’
See how many Gods can you trace in this painting. Hint: All three are from different faiths.
4. Jesus Christ seems to be one of his most drawn figures. These paintings will tell you why.
5. Salman even made one during the shooting of his blockbuster film Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
He later gifted it to his co-star Kareena Kapoor. This is what he painted and shared on Twitter.
6. Even his drawings are romantic! Can we see a glimpse of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam in it ?
7. Several of his industry colleagues are self-proclaimed Salman “the painter” fans too!
He has gifted paintings to his close friends Aamir Khan and Boney Kapoor. Sridevi has two of his paintings hanging in her house.
8. He even made one for Aamir during the latter’s Ghajini days.
Well, that was Salman’s way to wish his good friend’s film all the success. And yes, it paid off too!
9. He also gifted a painting of legendary actor Raj Kapoor to his grandson Ranbir.
Ranbir and his leading ladies had come to promote their film Bachna Ae Haseeno on Salman’s show Dus Ka Dum.
10. Salman’s paintings are very precious to him. Hence, he is quite hesitant to auction or sell them.
If at all he does, the money raised goes to his charity.
11. Salman’s father and veteran scriptwriter Salim Khan said he is a proud father because of his son’s talent.
“Which father wouldn’t be happy to see that his own child possesses this kind of talent? As far as the paintings are concerned, he has been doing it for a while. It is almost close to Salman’s hit film.” – Salim Khan
12. Salman keeps doodling in between the shots too.
So much so, that he drew Lord Shiva on a piece of paper when he had gone to promote one of his films on the sets of Indian Idol Junior, and all within 10 minutes leaving the entire crew amazed!
“During the break, while Sonakshi Sinha was touching up her make-up and the others were having refreshments, Salman took a paper that is kept on the table for judges to give marks and started doodling. Within 10 minutes he had drawn the face of Lord Shiva. Everyone on the sets was amazed.” – A source from the sets.
Salman even taught his protege Sonakshi Sinha to paint.
“I’ve done fashion designing so I knew how to sketch. Using the paintbrush was something I dreaded. But Salman helped me overcome this fear and taught me to paint.” – Sonakshi Sinha
Salman’s name might be synonymous with colossal stardom, incredible fan following and blockbuster hits, but when he is not churning out a 200 crore film, he is drenched in colours, making paintings that are masterpieces. That’s the best way a man of many moods like him can express his inner self. Right? We love you Salman! 🙂